16 Inspirational Quotes from Children’s Literature
Here are bits of wisdom offered in children’s books. Can you guess which books they come from?
- “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
- “If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”
- “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.”
- “Promise me you’ll remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think.”
- “It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”
- “In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun and ‘Snap!’ , the job’s a game.”
- “I don’t know what lies around the bend, but I’m going to believe the best does.”
- “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
- “If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden.”
- “I am your parent; you are my child. I am your quiet place; your are my wild. I am your lullaby; you are my peekaboo. I am your goodnight kiss; you are my I love you.”
- “But all the magic I have known I’ve had to make myself.”
- “Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.”
- “Watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who do not believe in magic will never find it.”
- “Sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!”
- “Inside all of us is hope. Inside all of us is fear. Inside all of us is adventure. Inside all of us is … a wild thing.”
- “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship.”
Click the image below to find the answers in an infographic from AAA State of Play.
For edgier quotes, with what the author calls ‘truth bombs’, read 15 of the most profound lines from children’s books.
Related Blog Posts
Recognizing the challenges that physical distancing and school closures can create for parents, a team of parenting experts has developed a set of six tip sheets on positive parenting. The …
Spend at least ten wildly happy minutes every single day reading aloud. From birth! – Mem Fox, Ten read-aloud commandments Need tips for reading aloud? Here are ten tips from …
Some children find sitting down for a family story time challenging. They may find it easier to pay attention when their hands are busy. Familiar activities using supplies already at …