Benefits of Reading Aloud Together
Reading aloud is an activity that many families enjoy and include as part of family routines. The benefits extend beyond having fun together and are summarized in our Let’s Read Together! backgrounder.
To learn more about why reading aloud as a family matters, read:
- 13 Things Babies Learn When We Read with Them – NAEYC
- Kids & Family Reading Report: The Rise of Read-Aloud – Scholastic
- Research shows the importance of parents reading with children – even after children can read – The Conversation
- The Miraculous Power of Reading Aloud – Screen-Free Week
- Why Reading Aloud to Kids Helps Them Thrive – from PBS parents
Family Literacy Week is later this month and the theme is “Let’s Read Together!” It celebrates an activity that helps family members connect with each other, discover new things and enjoy reading.
Related Blog Posts
Kids definitely can learn from talking pigs, but they can learn from pigs (and dinosaurs) that don’t talk. In fact, many of them prefer it that way. – Tim Shanahan …
Here are bits of wisdom offered in children’s books. Can you guess which books they come from? “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind …
March is Canadian Agricultural Literacy Month (CALM).