Benefits of Reading Aloud Together
Reading aloud is an activity that many families enjoy and include as part of family routines. The benefits extend beyond having fun together and are summarized in our Let’s Read Together! backgrounder.
To learn more about why reading aloud as a family matters, read:
- 13 Things Babies Learn When We Read with Them – NAEYC
- Kids & Family Reading Report: The Rise of Read-Aloud – Scholastic
- Research shows the importance of parents reading with children – even after children can read – The Conversation
- The Miraculous Power of Reading Aloud – Screen-Free Week
- Why Reading Aloud to Kids Helps Them Thrive – from PBS parents
Family Literacy Week is later this month and the theme is “Let’s Read Together!” It celebrates an activity that helps family members connect with each other, discover new things and enjoy reading.
Related Blog Posts
Are you looking for children’s books about COVID-19? Here are a few that you may not have seen yet. All are available for free download. Careless Corny: A cautionary tale …
Remote Instruction for Family Literacy Programs: Dealing with COVID-19 Challenges in the Virtual Classroom provides suggestions for dealing with the challenges of providing distance learning in family literacy programs. This …
Reading aloud is a valued family activity. But families have busy schedules. How do you find time to read together? Find tips in: 6 Ways to Fit in Read-Aloud Time …