Benefits of Reading Aloud Together
Reading aloud is an activity that many families enjoy and include as part of family routines. The benefits extend beyond having fun together and are summarized in our Let’s Read Together! backgrounder.
To learn more about why reading aloud as a family matters, read:
- 13 Things Babies Learn When We Read with Them – NAEYC
- Kids & Family Reading Report: The Rise of Read-Aloud – Scholastic
- Research shows the importance of parents reading with children – even after children can read – The Conversation
- The Miraculous Power of Reading Aloud – Screen-Free Week
- Why Reading Aloud to Kids Helps Them Thrive – from PBS parents
Family Literacy Week is later this month and the theme is “Let’s Read Together!” It celebrates an activity that helps family members connect with each other, discover new things and enjoy reading.
Related Blog Posts
Can play be a method for learning? Learn about the benefits of guided play.
Explore resources to help you incorporate social-emotional learning strategies in your teaching.
Stress and trauma make it difficult for a child to learn.