Children’s Books for Asian Heritage Month
Canadian families can celebrate Asian Heritage Month by reading children’s books that share the stories, culture and experiences of children of Asian descent. It’s an opportunity to explore similarities and appreciate differences while enjoying a good story.
Looking for recommended reads? Find good titles in:
- 20 Children’s & YA Books Written by Asian Authors – Brightly
- 22 Stellar Reads for Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month – School Library Journal
- 60 Mighty Girl Books for Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month – A Mighty Girl
- Amplify Asian Voices: MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS to Celebrate Asian Heritage Month – Vancouver Public Library
- Amplify Asian Voices: PICTURE BOOKS to Celebrate Asian Heritage Month – Vancouver Public Library
- Asian Americans – Social Justice Books
- May Reading List: Celebrate Asian Heritage Month with AAPI Books We Love – Canadian Children’s Book Centre
Sample some of these titles in the following videos.
Related Blog Posts
Picture books that are based on songs are a wonderful addition to reading together. They have built-in rhythm and rhyme. And, they may have the familiarity and repetition that children …
Recognizing the challenges that physical distancing and school closures can create for parents, a team of parenting experts has developed a set of six tip sheets on positive parenting. The …
Join us in celebrating Family Literacy Week 2020! It’s taking place from January 26th to February 2nd. The theme is Let’s Read Together! with a focus on families reading together …