Children’s Books for Asian Heritage Month
Canadian families can celebrate Asian Heritage Month by reading children’s books that share the stories, culture and experiences of children of Asian descent. It’s an opportunity to explore similarities and appreciate differences while enjoying a good story.
Looking for recommended reads? Find good titles in:
- 20 Children’s & YA Books Written by Asian Authors – Brightly
- 22 Stellar Reads for Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month – School Library Journal
- 60 Mighty Girl Books for Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month – A Mighty Girl
- Amplify Asian Voices: MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS to Celebrate Asian Heritage Month – Vancouver Public Library
- Amplify Asian Voices: PICTURE BOOKS to Celebrate Asian Heritage Month – Vancouver Public Library
- Asian Americans – Social Justice Books
- May Reading List: Celebrate Asian Heritage Month with AAPI Books We Love – Canadian Children’s Book Centre
Sample some of these titles in the following videos.
Related Blog Posts
Reading storybooks with a math component can create a positive environment for learning math concepts
November is Financial Literacy Month! Learn about how credit and debit cards can benefit kids.
Talking is Teaching themed resources help parents support children’s development through simple daily actions.