Children’s Books for Asian Heritage Month
Canadian families can celebrate Asian Heritage Month by reading children’s books that share the stories, culture and experiences of children of Asian descent. It’s an opportunity to explore similarities and appreciate differences while enjoying a good story.
Looking for recommended reads? Find good titles in:
- 20 Children’s & YA Books Written by Asian Authors – Brightly
- 22 Stellar Reads for Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month – School Library Journal
- 60 Mighty Girl Books for Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month – A Mighty Girl
- Amplify Asian Voices: MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS to Celebrate Asian Heritage Month – Vancouver Public Library
- Amplify Asian Voices: PICTURE BOOKS to Celebrate Asian Heritage Month – Vancouver Public Library
- Asian Americans – Social Justice Books
- May Reading List: Celebrate Asian Heritage Month with AAPI Books We Love – Canadian Children’s Book Centre
Sample some of these titles in the following videos.
Related Blog Posts
In honour of International Youth Day this coming Sunday, today’s blogpost presents 3 pieces of information on the teenage brain. First, watch Dan Siegel and the Adolescent Brain, describing myths …
Even before they can talk, babies need to hear talk. Talking to babies has an impact on their language development. Have you ever talked to a baby in a …
The latest Kids & Family Reading Report: The Rise of Read-Aloud (2019) confirms that the family read-aloud experience is valued as a special time for parents and children. While this …