Commonly Confused Words
Wondering which of two words to use? You might be working with commonly confused words.
Some words are easily confused with one another because they are:
- Similar in spelling (e.g. personal and personnel)
- Similar in pronunciation (e.g. affect and effect)
- Homophones (identical pronunciation but different meanings, e.g. their, they’re and there)
This infographic describes some commonly confused words.
Find out more about commonly confused words in:
- 20 Commonly Confused Word Pairs
- Frequently confused words
- A List of Commonly Confused Words
- A Look At Some Commonly Confused Words
- Top 20 Most Commonly Confused Homophones
- Top 30 Commonly Confused Words in English
Test your knowledge
Related Blog Posts
The transition to teaching from a distance is challenging even at the best of times. To help teachers who are new to working remotely, educators and organizations have offered …
Welcome back to our Back to Basics series! This week we are discussing the fluency strategy of echo reading.
The Financial Capability Workbook for Indigenous Women series is a new financial literacy resource.