Decoda’s 10th Anniversary
This year, Decoda celebrates its 10th anniversary as BC’s provincial literacy organization. We are so grateful to all those who are a part of our story. We couldn’t have done it without you! Our next chapter is about to be written. Let’s write it together.
We begin by inviting you to help us celebrate.
Here’s what you can do:
- Learn about the people who shaped Decoda, our impact in the community and where we go from here
- Visit our photo album of memories below and sign our guestbook
- Enter the #TopTen4Literacy contest by sharing your favourite books (contest rules below)
- Participate in the “Good things come in 10s fundraising campaign”
Help us celebrate by entering our #TopTen4Literacy contest!
- Share your top 10 book list with us.
- Write or print your list. Take a photo. Or get creative and take a photo of book covers or spines.
- Post your photo on social media with the hashtag #TopTen4Literacy, or submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the official rules for the contest.
The deadline for entry is May 31, 2021.
Participate in the Good Things Come in 10s fundraising campaign by:
- Donating a gift amount x 10 years ($3 x 10 years = $30).
- Becoming a 400 Club monthly donor with a gift of $10 per month.
- Making it fun. Challenge yourself to run 10 km, walk 10 blocks, read 10 books, or lose 10 pounds. Then, ask friends and family for encouragement by making a gift to Decoda.
10 Years Strong
It’s official! Decoda Literacy is the new provincial literacy organization in BC as Literacy BC & 2010 Legacies Now hold a launch event at Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel.
Decoda’s first board chair, Donna Wilson (centre) stands with founding board member, Pamela Martin (left). Thank you to all our founding board members: Catherine Roome, Pommashea Noel-Bentley and Greg Lee.
Decoda’s first staff team is led by Brenda Le Clair, Executive Director (2nd from right).
Decoda publishes A British Columbia Workforce Literacy and Essential Skills Plan.