September Literacy Month
Each September, Decoda leads a province-wide awareness and fundraising campaign to celebrate Literacy Month.
The campaign highlights the importance of literacy and raises funds to support community-based literacy programs and initiatives across BC.
This year’s theme is “Literacy connects us!”
At home, at work and in the community … literacy connects us!
You can be a part of Literacy Month by:
- joining activities in your community
- taking part in our Virtual Team Trivia Challenge
- buying socks through our Sock it to literacy! campaign
- entering the Literacy Connects Us Colouring Contest
- asking your town to proclaim Literacy Month
- watching videos on how literacy connects
Learn more about literacy in BC:
Join the fun with our annual signature fundraising event on September 21, 7:00 to 8:30 pm (PDT), the Team Trivia Challenge!
How to Play:
- Form a team of 2-6 players
- Get players to register online by donation
- Join Decoda for a live game of trivia
Buy merino wool socks online from our partner Blue Sky Clothing or at one of its nine BC stores.
$1 from every pair goes to support local literacy programs!
Our “Sock it to Literacy!” campaign helps make sure children and families, youth, adults and seniors have the literacy skills they need at home, at work and in the community.
Thank you to Blue Sky Clothing for supporting literacy in BC!
Read the story of Blue Sky Clothing Co owner Marilyn Cobban’s journey to success and why she supports literacy.
This year’s theme is #LiteracyConnectsUs. Colour in the Literacy Connects Us colouring sheet drawn by Tricia Aviss. Submit your entry to email@example.com or post it on social media using the hashtag #LiteracyConnectsUs.
Colouring Contest Prizes
Five prizes will be awarded, four to individuals and one to a class:
- One gift card each from Indigo in the amount of $50.
- One gift card from Indigo in the amount of $200.
Questions? Contact Gail Hanney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-681-4199 x 404.
Corporate and Community Partners
Financial Literacy Partner
Exclusive Broadcast Media Partner
Lights of Purple
For more information about Literacy Month contact Gail Hanney at email@example.com.