Managing Mental Health During COVID-19
The uncertainty, rapid changes, and social isolation introduced by the COVID-19 crisis have had an impact on the mental health of adults, teens and children. If you’re feeling stressed, you’re not alone. Find tips for managing stress during this time in:
- Coronavirus: six ways of turning anxiety into positive mental health habits – The Conversation
- COVID-19: Stay Well in Uncertain Times – CMHA, BC Division
- How teenagers can protect their mental health during coronavirus (COVID-19) – UNICEF
- Managing Anxiety and Stress in Families with Children and Youth During the COVID-19 Outbreak – Shared Care Committee, Doctors of BC and Ministry of Health
- Mental Health and the COVID-19 Pandemic – CAMH
- Talking to children about COVID-19 – Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre
Did you know that today is World Health Day? This year’s focus is support for nurses and midwives. Show nurses and midwives your appreciation for their work and thank them for what they do to keep us healthy.
Related Blog Posts
New Streaming Videos from the Library
A Decoda Literacy Library volunteer has successfully converted two DVDs to improve accessibility.
Back to Basics: Think Alouds
Welcome to our Back to Basics series! This week we are discussing another comprehension strategy: think alouds.
Reading and Writing Poems
Reading and writing poems have benefits. Get tips for teaching with poetry.