Math Fun and Games at Home
What can parents do to support children’s math skills at home?
Find tips for helping children with math at home in:
- 4 things we’ve learned about math success that might surprise parents
- All About Family Math
- Homeschooling math lessons: Think dice games, cooking fractions and ratios with chocolate milk
- Twelve Steps To Increase Your Child’s Math Achievement and Make Math Fun
Find suggestions for fun family math activities in:
- 10 Family Card Games That Support Early Math Skills
- At-Home Early Math Learning Kit for Families: Ideas for Supporting Young Children’s Math Skills During Coronavirus and Beyond
- Box Cars and One-eyed Jacks – also has videos of the card and dice games
- Math at Home Toolkit – early years
- Math at Your Fingertips! Easy Counting Activities Using Number Gestures
- Maths at Home – age 3 to 18
- Youcubed at Home
Related Blog Posts
Interlocking blocks are versatile and fun to use.
School-age children are invited to Crack the Case! with BC Summer Reading Club.
Parents may notice that their children’s play has been affected by the COVID-19 crisis. How the Coronavirus Is Influencing Children’s Play describes some possible impacts. Play offers many benefits for …