National Indigenous History Month
June is National Indigenous History Month! It honours the history, heritage and diversity of First Nation, Inuit and Métis communities across Canada.
To learn more about Indigenous history in Canada, find reading recommendations in:
- 14 books to read for Indigenous History Month – CBC Books
- Canadian History Books by Indigenous Authors – Raven Reads
- Indigenous Reading List – Non-Fiction – Centre for Teaching Excellence, Capilano University
- National Indigenous History Month – Why it’s important – Bob Joseph, Indigenous Corporate Training Inc.
- National Indigenous History Month Reading List – The Canadian Children’s Book Centre
Related Blog Posts
BC’s Office of the Human Rights Commissioner has the mandate is to address root causes of inequality, discrimination and injustice.
October is Learning Disabilities Awareness Month! Learn how you can participate.
Do you know about child poverty in BC? Read First Call’s 2020 BC Child Poverty Report Card to learn the facts.