National Indigenous History Month
June is National Indigenous History Month! It honours the history, heritage and diversity of First Nation, Inuit and Métis communities across Canada.
To learn more about Indigenous history in Canada, find reading recommendations in:
- 14 books to read for Indigenous History Month – CBC Books
- Canadian History Books by Indigenous Authors – Raven Reads
- Indigenous Reading List – Non-Fiction – Centre for Teaching Excellence, Capilano University
- National Indigenous History Month – Why it’s important – Bob Joseph, Indigenous Corporate Training Inc.
- National Indigenous History Month Reading List – The Canadian Children’s Book Centre
Related Blog Posts
Do you know about child poverty in BC? Read First Call’s 2020 BC Child Poverty Report Card to learn the facts.
Today is International Plain Language Day! In plain language writing, the words, layout, and design are so clear that your audience can find what they need, understand what they find, …
Literacy matters more than ever! We chose this theme for Literacy Month 2020 to acknowledge the importance of literacy during the COVID-19 pandemic. Literacy facilitates our access to and understanding …