National Indigenous History Month
June is National Indigenous History Month! It honours the history, heritage and diversity of First Nation, Inuit and Métis communities across Canada.
To learn more about Indigenous history in Canada, find reading recommendations in:
- 14 books to read for Indigenous History Month – CBC Books
- Canadian History Books by Indigenous Authors – Raven Reads
- Indigenous Reading List – Non-Fiction – Centre for Teaching Excellence, Capilano University
- National Indigenous History Month – Why it’s important – Bob Joseph, Indigenous Corporate Training Inc.
- National Indigenous History Month Reading List – The Canadian Children’s Book Centre
Related Blog Posts
International Literacy Day 2020
Today is International Literacy Day! This year’s theme is Literacy teaching and learning in the COVID-19 crisis and beyond, with a particular focus on the role of educators and teaching …
BC’s Restart Plan
Yesterday the BC Government announced BC’s Restart Plan. Find information on what that can mean to you and your work in: BC’s Restart Plan BC COVID-19 Go-Forward Management Strategy BC …
Get ready for BC Local Elections!
Elections are on October 15th. Find resources to help students learn about local elections in BC.