National Indigenous History Month
June is National Indigenous History Month! It honours the history, heritage and diversity of First Nation, Inuit and Métis communities across Canada.
To learn more about Indigenous history in Canada, find reading recommendations in:
- 14 books to read for Indigenous History Month – CBC Books
- Canadian History Books by Indigenous Authors – Raven Reads
- Indigenous Reading List – Non-Fiction – Centre for Teaching Excellence, Capilano University
- National Indigenous History Month – Why it’s important – Bob Joseph, Indigenous Corporate Training Inc.
- National Indigenous History Month Reading List – The Canadian Children’s Book Centre
Related Blog Posts
Literacy matters more than ever! We chose this theme for Literacy Month 2020 to acknowledge the importance of literacy during the COVID-19 pandemic. Literacy facilitates our access to and understanding …
It’s Raise-a-Reader Week! The Raise-a-Reader campaign was created by the Vancouver Sun in 1997 to support literacy work by helping to increase awareness and raise money for family literacy programs …
Last week, the 2019 BC Child Poverty Report Card: Summary Report was released. It provides a snapshot of child and family poverty in the province. Despite a federal, all-party resolution …