National Indigenous History Month
June is National Indigenous History Month! It honours the history, heritage and diversity of First Nation, Inuit and Métis communities across Canada.
To learn more about Indigenous history in Canada, find reading recommendations in:
- 14 books to read for Indigenous History Month – CBC Books
- Canadian History Books by Indigenous Authors – Raven Reads
- Indigenous Reading List – Non-Fiction – Centre for Teaching Excellence, Capilano University
- National Indigenous History Month – Why it’s important – Bob Joseph, Indigenous Corporate Training Inc.
- National Indigenous History Month Reading List – The Canadian Children’s Book Centre
Related Blog Posts
Join us every Friday in July and August and learn about the Decoda staff’s summer reading plans.
While staying at home offers protection from COVID-19, it increases the risk for women and children experiencing family violence. Domestic violence rates are rising in Canada and globally during the …
Join us every Friday in July and August and learn about the Decoda staff’s summer reading picks.