Nonfiction Books to Read Together
Have you thought of adding nonfiction books to family read alouds? Descriptive language and attractive illustrations can make these books engaging as well as informative. They can inspire curiosity and be launching points for more discovery and activities.
Here are a few places to find some good suggestions in:
- 10 Nonfiction Picture Books to Read Aloud
- 50 Science Picture Books for Kids that Teach about Our Amazing World
- Nonfiction Picture Books for Reading Aloud
- Now Read This! Discovering Nonfiction
- RAR#122: Picture Book Biographies We Love
- Sidebars are Not for Skipping
What are some of the benefits of reading nonfiction with children? Nurturing the Inquiring Mind Through the Nonfiction Read-Aloud shares one teacher’s perspective.
Related Blog Posts
All of the changes that continue to happen during the COVID-19 pandemic have created stress. Some people have found that mindfulness activities are helpful. The activities don’t have to be …
Reading together is a wonderful family tradition, but only if children are enjoying it. A mix of the cozy and familiar with the unexpected and surprising can keep it fun …
We’re pleased to introduce new publication – Play and Learn Together: a Guide to Family Literacy in BC. Are you new to family literacy programs? Are you a family literacy …