Nonfiction Books to Read Together
Have you thought of adding nonfiction books to family read alouds? Descriptive language and attractive illustrations can make these books engaging as well as informative. They can inspire curiosity and be launching points for more discovery and activities.
Here are a few places to find some good suggestions in:
- 10 Nonfiction Picture Books to Read Aloud
- 50 Science Picture Books for Kids that Teach about Our Amazing World
- Nonfiction Picture Books for Reading Aloud
- Now Read This! Discovering Nonfiction
- RAR#122: Picture Book Biographies We Love
- Sidebars are Not for Skipping
What are some of the benefits of reading nonfiction with children? Nurturing the Inquiring Mind Through the Nonfiction Read-Aloud shares one teacher’s perspective.
Related Blog Posts
Audiobooks continue to be extremely popular. But do they really “count” as reading?
Did you know that you can teach coding skills to young children without a computer? It can be fun!
Learn how encouraging multilingualism can result in greater academic achievement.