Nonfiction Books to Read Together
Have you thought of adding nonfiction books to family read alouds? Descriptive language and attractive illustrations can make these books engaging as well as informative. They can inspire curiosity and be launching points for more discovery and activities.
Here are a few places to find some good suggestions in:
- 10 Nonfiction Picture Books to Read Aloud
- 50 Science Picture Books for Kids that Teach about Our Amazing World
- Nonfiction Picture Books for Reading Aloud
- Now Read This! Discovering Nonfiction
- RAR#122: Picture Book Biographies We Love
- Sidebars are Not for Skipping
What are some of the benefits of reading nonfiction with children? Nurturing the Inquiring Mind Through the Nonfiction Read-Aloud shares one teacher’s perspective.
Related Blog Posts
Warmer weather is on its way. Get outside and practice some fun early literacy skills!
Read how visualization can be an important comprehension technique for emerging readers to learn.
STEM activities can be fun any time, but some are particularly suited to cold weather. Here are six places to find ideas for winter STEM activities, indoors and out: 10 …