Nonfiction Books to Read Together
Have you thought of adding nonfiction books to family read alouds? Descriptive language and attractive illustrations can make these books engaging as well as informative. They can inspire curiosity and be launching points for more discovery and activities.
Here are a few places to find some good suggestions in:
- 10 Nonfiction Picture Books to Read Aloud
- 50 Science Picture Books for Kids that Teach about Our Amazing World
- Nonfiction Picture Books for Reading Aloud
- Now Read This! Discovering Nonfiction
- RAR#122: Picture Book Biographies We Love
- Sidebars are Not for Skipping
What are some of the benefits of reading nonfiction with children? Nurturing the Inquiring Mind Through the Nonfiction Read-Aloud shares one teacher’s perspective.
Related Blog Posts
Today is World Read Aloud Day! It calls global attention to the importance of reading aloud, sharing stories, and the idea of literacy as a human right by bringing communities …
This long weekend is often a time for social gatherings. But this year, there are good reasons to continue social distancing. How can you help children understand and cope? Find …
Today marks the start of #ReadOnCanada, an exciting new initiative from reading advocates and @FoodBanksCanada to put more than 130K books in the hands of kids this summer, and share …