Nonfiction Books to Read Together
Have you thought of adding nonfiction books to family read alouds? Descriptive language and attractive illustrations can make these books engaging as well as informative. They can inspire curiosity and be launching points for more discovery and activities.
Here are a few places to find some good suggestions in:
- 10 Nonfiction Picture Books to Read Aloud
- 50 Science Picture Books for Kids that Teach about Our Amazing World
- Nonfiction Picture Books for Reading Aloud
- Now Read This! Discovering Nonfiction
- RAR#122: Picture Book Biographies We Love
- Sidebars are Not for Skipping
What are some of the benefits of reading nonfiction with children? Nurturing the Inquiring Mind Through the Nonfiction Read-Aloud shares one teacher’s perspective.
Related Blog Posts
It’s cold outside, but that doesn’t mean active play is limited to indoors. Outdoor active play supports healthy development all year long.
Bouncing! Jumping! Clapping! Let’s be Active!
Did you know that less than 1 in 5 Canadian children and youth (ages 5 – 17) meet all three recommended Canadian 24-Hour Movement Guidelines for Children and Youth? This …