Outdoor Play in Winter
For more details on the benefits, read:
- Cold Weather Outdoor Play Boosts Immune System!
- Learning in the snow: How children develop through all-weather outdoor play
- The Importance of Outdoor Play in Winter
- Why our kids are going to play outside this winter, and yours should too, according to science
One concern about cold weather play is safety. For some guidelines on staying safe when playing outdoors in winter, read:
- 4 practical tips to keep kids warm and safe during winter play
- Staying safe for outdoor winter activities
- Outdoor play on winter days
- Safety Outdoors in the Cold for Toddlers
- Winter safety: Advice for parents and kids
There are lots of fun activities for children to do outdoors in winter. Looking for ideas?
- 7 winter outdoor play ideas for school-aged kids
- 18 Fun Winter Activities for Kids
- 50 Outdoor Things To Do With Your Kids In Winter
- Coloured Ice Cubes in the Snow – Outdoor Winter Activity for Preschoolers
- Easy outdoor winter activities for toddlers
- Outdoor Winter Activities for Kids
Some of these activities were recommended pre-COVID. You may need to wait to try them.
Related Blog Posts
Let’s Be Active! Move * Play * Learn is a great message to share with families. It’s the theme of Family Literacy Week, 2021.
You can connect and encourage a sense of well-being and belonging by exploring your family history.
Picture books that are based on songs are a wonderful addition to reading together. They have built-in rhythm and rhyme. And, they may have the familiarity and repetition that children …