Read Aloud Tips
Spend at least ten wildly happy minutes every single day reading aloud. From birth!
– Mem Fox, Ten read-aloud commandments
Need tips for reading aloud? Here are ten tips from Kate Messner’s How to Read a Story:
Find more read aloud tips for parents in:
- 5 Tips for Reading Aloud to More Than One Child
- How to Read Aloud to a Child That Won’t Sit Still
- How to Read to Differently Aged Children for Great Family Read Aloud Time!
- Making the Most of Reading Aloud: Practical Strategies for Parents of Young Children
- Reading Tips for Parents (in Multiple Languages)
- Top 5 Tips Every Parent Needs to Rock the Read-Aloud
Related Blog Posts
Family Influence on Physical Activity
Did you know that less than 1 in 5 Canadian children and youth (ages 5 – 17) meet all three recommended Canadian 24-Hour Movement Guidelines for Children and Youth? This …
Multilingual Early Literacy
Learn how encouraging multilingualism can result in greater academic achievement.
Let’s Read Together! – Family Literacy Week 2020
Join us in celebrating Family Literacy Week 2020! It’s taking place from January 26th to February 2nd. The theme is Let’s Read Together! with a focus on families reading together …