Reader-friendly Non-fiction for Adults
Many adults who are practising their reading are interested in reader-friendly non-fiction. It is concrete, introduces useful vocabulary and can offer relevant information.
The Decoda Library has lots of reader-friendly non-fiction. Much of it is written for adults and some is written for children, but is not childish.
Here are some of the latest:
Four new entries in the popular Amazing Animals series:
- Amazing Earth
- Dive in! Exploring our connection with the ocean
- Earth and beyond
- Hello spring!
- Hello winter!
- New Horizons (space probe)
- Northern Lights
- Shooting stars
- SR-71 Blackbird
This selection of Eye on Literacy wordless books does not include lesson plans. Other titles in this series in the library include ready-to-use lesson plans.
New additions in the easy-to-read Soft Skills at Work series from Grass Roots Press:
For those with more advanced reading skills, the Soft Skills Solutions series:
- Demonstrate your value through collaboration! Teamwork & motivation
- How you act & dress matters! Professional etiquette & image
- Lead with integrity! Leadership & ethics
- Make yourself heard! Professional communication skills
- Play nice & stay employed! Workplace relationships & conflict negotiations
- Stepping stones to success! Goals & attitudes
- Wake up & work! Keys to self-management
To see all the latest additions to the Decoda Library collection, including fiction and resources for professional development, browse the New in the Library list.
To borrow resources, contact Lea Edgar at email@example.com .
Related Blog Posts
Reading and writing poems have benefits. Get tips for teaching with poetry.
CUPE has recently released Influences: Lessons from policy and practices in literacy and essential skills in Canada, 1990-2019. This new report, written by Linda Shohet and Isabelle Coutant, explores the …
Popular Digital Learning Resources in Ontario’s Literacy and Basic Skills Programs is a new resource from Community Literacy of Ontario! Chosen by Ontario adult literacy programs, all 30 digital resources …