September is Literacy Month!
September is Literacy Month in BC! This year the theme is “Literacy matters more than ever!” This province-wide campaign raises awareness of the importance of literacy and raises funds to support community-based literacy programs and initiatives across British Columbia.
You’re invited to join the celebrations. How can you celebrate?
- Use the Literacy Month Calendar to find fun, everyday activities.
- Enter the Literacy Month Contest. Tell us why literacy matters to you for a chance to win a prize.
- Play virtual Team Trivia on September 22nd. Have fun and learn something new.
- Wear purple and share on social media #LiteracyMatters and #PutOnYourPurple. Purple is the signature colour for Literacy Month. Need a touch of purple? Sock it to literacy!
- Watch for BC landmarks to light up in purple on International Literacy Day, September 8th.
Why does literacy matter more than ever? COVID-19 has highlighted how health literacy, digital literacy, financial literacy and workplace literacy can make a significant difference to personal outcomes.
Related Blog Posts
Are you finding it difficult to keep track of all the benefits and adjustments to programs and services have been developed and are developing in response to the COVID-19 crisis? …
Women have been disproportionately impacted by COVID-19.
Join us every Wednesday in July and August and learn about the Decoda staff’s summer reading picks.