Sing Me a Story!
Picture books that are based on songs are a wonderful addition to reading together. They have built-in rhythm and rhyme. And, they may have the familiarity and repetition that children enjoy. Can you think of any read aloud books that are songs?
Find titles beyond Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Wheels on the Bus in:
- 9 Toe-Tapping Picture Books Inspired by Popular Song Lyrics
- 15 Multicultural Children’s Books based on famous songs
- 40 of the Best Singalong Picture Books
- JoCoLibrary – Kids – Books Based on Songs
- Make Storytime Musical: 8 Singable Picture Books for the Vocally Shy
- Sing-Along Stories: 8 Delightful Picture Books Inspired by Children’s Songs
- Words and Music: Popular Songs Turned Children’s Books
Read about a family literacy project using song-based picture books in Together in Song: Building Literacy Relationships with Song-based Picture Books.
Related Blog Posts
Even before they can talk, babies need to hear talk. Talking to babies has an impact on their language development. Have you ever talked to a baby in a …
Are you interested in enriching the reading life of a child? Learn how best to support a child’s reading at home with wee read and pee wee read. Calgary Learns …
We’re getting ready to celebrate Family Literacy Week 2020 from January 26th to February 2nd. This year’s theme is Let’s Read Together! with a focus on families reading together to …