Sing Me a Story!
Picture books that are based on songs are a wonderful addition to reading together. They have built-in rhythm and rhyme. And, they may have the familiarity and repetition that children enjoy. Can you think of any read aloud books that are songs?
Find titles beyond Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Wheels on the Bus in:
- 9 Toe-Tapping Picture Books Inspired by Popular Song Lyrics
- 15 Multicultural Children’s Books based on famous songs
- 40 of the Best Singalong Picture Books
- JoCoLibrary – Kids – Books Based on Songs
- Make Storytime Musical: 8 Singable Picture Books for the Vocally Shy
- Sing-Along Stories: 8 Delightful Picture Books Inspired by Children’s Songs
- Words and Music: Popular Songs Turned Children’s Books
Read about a family literacy project using song-based picture books in Together in Song: Building Literacy Relationships with Song-based Picture Books.
Related Blog Posts
All of the changes that continue to happen during the COVID-19 pandemic have created stress. Some people have found that mindfulness activities are helpful. The activities don’t have to be …
Remote Instruction for Family Literacy Programs: Dealing with COVID-19 Challenges in the Virtual Classroom provides suggestions for dealing with the challenges of providing distance learning in family literacy programs. This …
Join us in celebrating Family Literacy Week 2020! It’s taking place from January 26th to February 2nd. The theme is Let’s Read Together! with a focus on families reading together …