Skills for Success Day
This week was Skills for Success Day and we’re keeping the celebration going today! Previously known as Essential Skills Day, this year we’re highlighting resources to learn about and encourage each skill. For an introduction to the new model, have a look at the Skills for Success blog post. ABC Life Literacy has many materials to help you mark the occassion. For more training materials, take a look at the Government of Canada’s Skills for Success website.
- UP Skills for work – lots of great resources covering all of the new skills, and more!
- Conversations for work and Conversations for work: teacher’s guide and audio
- How you act & dress matters! : professional etiquette & image
- Make yourself heard! : professional communication skills
- Sending the Right Message
- Standing up for Yourself
- Workplace communications : book 4
- GCF LearnFree: Technology courses
- Internet scam
- Welcome to computers for ESL students
- Welcome to the world of computers
- Make math work : preparing indigenous students for apprenticeship and employment series
- Numeracy : book 7
- UP Skills for Work: Numeracy
- Getting to Work on Time
- Keeping track of time
- Making up Your Mind
- Play nice & stay employed! : workplace relationships & conflict negotiations
- Thinking on Your Feet
- UP Skills for Work: Problem Solving
- Wake up & work! : keys to self-management
- Sample activities using authentic workplace materials : integrating essential skills into tutor training
- WorkWise : Writing at Work
- The write direction : a new teacher’s practical guide to teaching writing and its application to the workplace
Need more resources? Contact the librarian or browse our library catalogue for even more titles.
Related Blog Posts
Game Changers – Soft Skills Curriculum
The Game Changers curriculum helps young people develop workplace soft skills.
Literacy Connects Us at Work: Digital Literacy
In a modern workplace, digital skills are now a necessity. Read about improving digital literacy at work.
Workplace Literacy Matters – More Than Ever!
Workplace literacy helps keep us and the people we work with productive, healthy and safe. COVID-19 has made this even more noticeable since everyone has had to adapt to new …