Story Time and More Online
Today is International Children’s Book Day!
How will you celebrate? Reading old favourites is never wrong. But, something new can be a treat. There are new opportunities to try this year. Children’s authors, book publishers and libraries are using technology to connect with readers and share stories, art inspiration and writing prompts.
Find links to wonderful resources in:
- Canadian Kids’ Authors Offer Online Storytime As COVID-19 Response
- How Kids’ Lit Is Responding to the Coronavirus
- Kid Lit Authors Stepping Up During the COVID-19 Crisis and Quarantine
- Read, Wonder, and Learn! Favorite Authors & Illustrators Share Resources for Learning Anywhere – Spring 2020
- The Big List of Children’s Authors Doing Online Read-Alouds & Activities
And, here’s a new book on video for young children on a timely topic:
However you choose to celebrate, enjoy a children’s book today!
Related Blog Posts
How do you talk with young children about race and racism? When should you start? What is age appropriate? Following the death of George Floyd and subsequent protests, many parents …
Global Storybooks is a free multilingual resource for children and youth. Through the storybook portal you can read, listen to and download illustrated stories in more than 50 languages. Developed …
All of the changes that continue to happen during the COVID-19 pandemic have created stress. Some people have found that mindfulness activities are helpful. The activities don’t have to be …