Story Time and More Online
Today is International Children’s Book Day!
How will you celebrate? Reading old favourites is never wrong. But, something new can be a treat. There are new opportunities to try this year. Children’s authors, book publishers and libraries are using technology to connect with readers and share stories, art inspiration and writing prompts.
Find links to wonderful resources in:
- Canadian Kids’ Authors Offer Online Storytime As COVID-19 Response
- How Kids’ Lit Is Responding to the Coronavirus
- Kid Lit Authors Stepping Up During the COVID-19 Crisis and Quarantine
- Read, Wonder, and Learn! Favorite Authors & Illustrators Share Resources for Learning Anywhere – Spring 2020
- The Big List of Children’s Authors Doing Online Read-Alouds & Activities
And, here’s a new book on video for young children on a timely topic:
However you choose to celebrate, enjoy a children’s book today!
Related Blog Posts
Learn about this play-based approach to learning, its benefits and how you can help support it.
Chapter Books to Read Aloud
Want to add chapter books to family read alouds? They usually contain more complex stories than picture books and can be introduced before children are able to read independently. They’re …
Family Financial Literacy: Credit and Debit Cards
November is Financial Literacy Month! Learn about how credit and debit cards can benefit kids.