Story Time and More Online
Today is International Children’s Book Day!
How will you celebrate? Reading old favourites is never wrong. But, something new can be a treat. There are new opportunities to try this year. Children’s authors, book publishers and libraries are using technology to connect with readers and share stories, art inspiration and writing prompts.
Find links to wonderful resources in:
- Canadian Kids’ Authors Offer Online Storytime As COVID-19 Response
- How Kids’ Lit Is Responding to the Coronavirus
- Kid Lit Authors Stepping Up During the COVID-19 Crisis and Quarantine
- Read, Wonder, and Learn! Favorite Authors & Illustrators Share Resources for Learning Anywhere – Spring 2020
- The Big List of Children’s Authors Doing Online Read-Alouds & Activities
And, here’s a new book on video for young children on a timely topic:
However you choose to celebrate, enjoy a children’s book today!
Related Blog Posts
Read about resources to help children learn about the passage of time.
COVID-19 has created big changes for families. In addition to a rapid growth in at-home activities, there have been new expectations and changes in family dynamics. Many changes haven’t been …
Reading together is a wonderful family tradition, but only if children are enjoying it. A mix of the cozy and familiar with the unexpected and surprising can keep it fun …