Story Time and More Online
Today is International Children’s Book Day!
How will you celebrate? Reading old favourites is never wrong. But, something new can be a treat. There are new opportunities to try this year. Children’s authors, book publishers and libraries are using technology to connect with readers and share stories, art inspiration and writing prompts.
Find links to wonderful resources in:
- Canadian Kids’ Authors Offer Online Storytime As COVID-19 Response
- How Kids’ Lit Is Responding to the Coronavirus
- Kid Lit Authors Stepping Up During the COVID-19 Crisis and Quarantine
- Read, Wonder, and Learn! Favorite Authors & Illustrators Share Resources for Learning Anywhere – Spring 2020
- The Big List of Children’s Authors Doing Online Read-Alouds & Activities
And, here’s a new book on video for young children on a timely topic:
However you choose to celebrate, enjoy a children’s book today!
Related Blog Posts
Picture books are a wonderful way for young children to learn about themselves and learn about others. More and more picture books written for children by Indigenous authors are becoming …
A family dance party is a good way to involve the whole family in celebrating this year’s Family Literacy Week theme – Let’s Be Active!
This long weekend is often a time for social gatherings. But this year, there are good reasons to continue social distancing. How can you help children understand and cope? Find …