Talking to Kids about COVID-19
How can you talk to children about COVID-19 in a way that is both informative and reassuring?
Here are five links with suggestions:
- 10 tips for talking about COVIC-19 with your kids – PBS
- Answering Your Young Child’s Questions About Coronavirus –Zero to Three
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) –The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource – National Association of School Psychologists
- Why are people wearing masks? Why are people covering their faces? – Zero to Three
Here are a couple of resources for older children:
- Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus – npr
- WATCH – What is social distancing? –CBC Kids News
And, a little advice for parents who are home due to COVID-19:
Related Blog Posts
Are graphic novels useful for teaching? This video explains why graphic novels work. Raising a Reader! How Comics & Graphic Novels Can Help Your Kids Love to Read! is …
The Harvard Center on the Developing Child has released A Guide to COVID-19 and Early Childhood Development. This is a collection of resources and recommendations to help parents, caregivers, childcare …
Have you used podcasts with your literacy teaching? Read more about this audio format and literacy.