Talking to Kids about COVID-19
How can you talk to children about COVID-19 in a way that is both informative and reassuring?
Here are five links with suggestions:
- 10 tips for talking about COVIC-19 with your kids – PBS
- Answering Your Young Child’s Questions About Coronavirus –Zero to Three
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) –The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource – National Association of School Psychologists
- Why are people wearing masks? Why are people covering their faces? – Zero to Three
Here are a couple of resources for older children:
- Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus – npr
- WATCH – What is social distancing? –CBC Kids News
And, a little advice for parents who are home due to COVID-19:
Related Blog Posts
Picture books are a wonderful way for young children to learn about themselves and learn about others. More and more picture books written for children by Indigenous authors are becoming …
Let’s Be Active! Move * Play * Learn is a great message to share with families. It’s the theme of Family Literacy Week, 2021.
Picture books can help little children with big feelings.