Talking to Kids about COVID-19
How can you talk to children about COVID-19 in a way that is both informative and reassuring?
Here are five links with suggestions:
- 10 tips for talking about COVIC-19 with your kids – PBS
- Answering Your Young Child’s Questions About Coronavirus –Zero to Three
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) –The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource – National Association of School Psychologists
- Why are people wearing masks? Why are people covering their faces? – Zero to Three
Here are a couple of resources for older children:
- Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus – npr
- WATCH – What is social distancing? –CBC Kids News
And, a little advice for parents who are home due to COVID-19:
Related Blog Posts
A newly released study, Associations Between Screen-Based Media Use and Brain White Matter Integrity in Preschool-Aged Children, is creating some buzz. Read some of opinions about the research and its …
Learn about the benefits of mud play and get ideas for fun activities.
Loose parts play is unstructured play that invites children to be imaginative and creative.