Working for Myself Series – Self-employment stories
Do you have adult students who are curious about self-employment?
They might find the stories in the Working for Myself series interesting and relevant. In this new series from Grass Roots Press, each story portrays a small business launched with little capital but much determination. Students will learn that energy, problem-solving skills, planning, and preparation can make the difference between success and failure.
Titles in the series include:
- A Flair for Hair (Chapter Sample)
- The Green Team (Chapter Sample)
- The Pet Sitter (Chapter Sample)
- You Call, We Haul (Chapter Sample)
- Clean as a Whistle (Chapter Sample)
- Your Kids and Mine (Chapter Sample)
- Handy All Around (Chapter Sample)
- Crafting a Business (Chapter Sample)
These books are all available for borrowing from the Decoda Library. To request a loan, email email@example.com.
Related Blog Posts
Experiencing workplace conflict? We have gathered some excellent resources to help.
Learn about tips and resources to teach adaptability skills to succeed in the workforce.
All employers in BC are required to develop a COVID-19 Safety Plan with policies, guidelines, and procedures to reduce the risk of coronavirus transmission. WorkSafeBC has developed a COVID-19 Safety …