Working for Myself Series – Self-employment stories
Do you have adult students who are curious about self-employment?
They might find the stories in the Working for Myself series interesting and relevant. In this new series from Grass Roots Press, each story portrays a small business launched with little capital but much determination. Students will learn that energy, problem-solving skills, planning, and preparation can make the difference between success and failure.
Titles in the series include:
- A Flair for Hair (Chapter Sample)
- The Green Team (Chapter Sample)
- The Pet Sitter (Chapter Sample)
- You Call, We Haul (Chapter Sample)
- Clean as a Whistle (Chapter Sample)
- Your Kids and Mine (Chapter Sample)
- Handy All Around (Chapter Sample)
- Crafting a Business (Chapter Sample)
These books are all available for borrowing from the Decoda Library. To request a loan, email email@example.com.
Related Blog Posts
Find some adult literacy resources that are based on the Essential Skills framework.
An updated workforce literacy curriculum.
Some literacy organizations are working towards reopening their offices. Here are some new WorkSafeBC resources that offer guidance: COVID-19 and returning to safe operation – Phases 2 & 3 Offices: …