Working for Myself Series – Self-employment stories
Do you have adult students who are curious about self-employment?
They might find the stories in the Working for Myself series interesting and relevant. In this new series from Grass Roots Press, each story portrays a small business launched with little capital but much determination. Students will learn that energy, problem-solving skills, planning, and preparation can make the difference between success and failure.
Titles in the series include:
- A Flair for Hair (Chapter Sample)
- The Green Team (Chapter Sample)
- The Pet Sitter (Chapter Sample)
- You Call, We Haul (Chapter Sample)
- Clean as a Whistle (Chapter Sample)
- Your Kids and Mine (Chapter Sample)
- Handy All Around (Chapter Sample)
- Crafting a Business (Chapter Sample)
These books are all available for borrowing from the Decoda Library. To request a loan, email email@example.com.
Related Blog Posts
The Skills for Success model includes nine skills needed to participate and thrive in Canadian life.
All employers in BC are required to develop a COVID-19 Safety Plan with policies, guidelines, and procedures to reduce the risk of coronavirus transmission. WorkSafeBC has developed a COVID-19 Safety …
Find some adult literacy resources that are based on the Essential Skills framework.