September Literacy Month
Each September, Decoda leads a province-wide awareness and fundraising campaign to celebrate Literacy Month.
The campaign highlights the importance of literacy, and raises funds to support community-based literacy programs and initiatives across BC.
You can be a part of Literacy Month by:
- joining activities in your community
- taking part in our Team Trivia Challenge
- buying socks through our Sock it to Literacy campaign
- asking your town to Proclaim Literacy Month
Learn more about literacy in BC:
Join the fun with our annual signature fundraising event with CBC in September: The Team Trivia Challenge!
How to Play:
- Form a team of 2-6 players
- Get players to register online by donation
- Join Decoda and CBC for a live game of trivia
Buy merino wool socks online from our partner Blue Sky Clothing or at one of its nine BC stores.
$1 from every pair goes to support local literacy programs!
Our “Sock it to Literacy” campaign helps make sure children and families, youth, adults and seniors have the literacy skills they need at home, at work and in the community.
Thank you to Blue Sky Clothing for supporting Literacy in BC!
Enter the Literacy Month Contest!
- Get creative – write a tweet, a post, a letter, a story or a poem.
- Or submit a photo, a sketch or a video.
Individual entries could win a $100 gift card and CBC Prize pack!
Class entries can win a $250 gift card.
Details will be posted annually in August.
For more information about Literacy Month contact Gail Hanney at email@example.com.