The Westcoast Reader
The Westcoast Reader (The WCR) helps learners develop reading and language skills and serves as an introduction to Canadian newspapers.
The paper includes three reading levels to suit learners of all levels. Free learning resources, exercises and online content are available with each issue.
The WCR is a trusted resource used by:
- English language instructors
- literacy practitioners and tutors
- elementary and secondary school teachers
- speech and language pathologists
- therapists and health practitioners
The WCR’s readers include:
- English language and literacy learners
- elementary and secondary school students
- new Canadians
- prison inmates
- people with disabilities
- patients with stroke and brain injuries
The WCR is published from September to June by Decoda Literacy Solutions, in partnership with Camosun College, with financial assistance from the BC Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training.
Digital and print editions of the paper are available by subscription.
For more information on The Westcoast Reader contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We acknowledge the support of the Province of British Columbia, through the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training.