Adult Literacy Education Journal – new issue!
The fall edition of the Adult Literacy Education: The International Journal of Literacy, Language, and Numeracy is available now! Published by ProLiteracy, this issue contains the following articles:
- The Lessons of the Churn: Adult Basic Education and Disciplining the Adult Learner – Erik Jacobson
- A Framework for Capacity Building in Adult and Workforce Education Programming – Elizabeth A. Roumell
Report from the Field
- Hawa Learns to Write: Strategies for Handwriting Instruction – Dana Downs-Kuritz
Forum: Building a Better Adult Basic Skills Development System
- Ten Actions to Build an Adult Basic Skills Development System That Is More Inclusive, Relevant, Efficient, and Sustained – Paul J. Jurmo
- Response to Paul J. Jurmo – Esther Prins
- Response to Paul J. Jurmo– Art Ellison
- Review of Narratives of Adult English Learners and Teachers: Practical Applications – reviewed by Susan Finn Miller
Technology Solutions for Adult Basic Skills Challenges
- Engaging Technology – David J. Rosen
Related Blog Posts
Learn why multitasking is a myth and can cause harm. Try out some alternative productivity techniques.
Have you ever wondered: What needs to be in place to start an adult literacy program? How do you approach training tutors? What needs to be considered in program planning …
Find video lessons for adult EAL students on Janis’s ESL homepage.