Reading Aloud – not just for little ones
The latest Kids & Family Reading Report: The Rise of Read-Aloud (2019) confirms that the family read-aloud experience is valued as a special time for parents and children.
Why is reading aloud to children who are independent readers a good idea? Find some answers in:
- 3 Important Reasons to Keep Reading Aloud to Your Tween
- 10 Reasons You Should Read Aloud to Big Kids, Too
- The hidden benefits of reading aloud – even for older kids
- The Importance of Reading Aloud to Big Kids
- Why We Should Continue To Read Aloud To Older Children
And, Magic words: The power of reading aloud reminds us that reading aloud can be a wonderful activity for adults, too. This article is adapted from The Enchanted Hour: The Miraculous Power of Reading Aloud in the Age of Distraction (available from the Decoda Library).
Related Blog Posts
Celebrate this year’s Family Literacy Week theme – Let’s Be Active! Move * Play * Learn. New this year – Family Literacy Week videos!
We’re pleased to introduce new publication – Play and Learn Together: a Guide to Family Literacy in BC. Are you new to family literacy programs? Are you a family literacy …
This summer explore the recent books adapted into movies and tv shows.