Reading to Dogs Benefits Children
Did you know that dogs can help children with their reading?
Find out how children can benefit from reading to dogs in:
- The Benefits of Reading to Dogs
- Children Reading to Dogs: A Systematic Review of the Literature
- How Can Dogs Help Children Read?
- How dogs could make children better readers
- How Reading Aloud to Therapy Dogs Can Help Struggling Kids
- Reading to Dogs Benefits Children: Study suggests surprising reason
- UBC study finds dogs may help motivate kids to read
And the benefits are not just about reading. Learn about other benefits in:
- Therapy Dogs Can Help Kids with Speech Difficulties
- Therapy dogs can help reduce student stress, anxiety and improve school attendance
Are there benefits for the dog? Read about how being read to can benefit dogs in shelters in Reading to shelter pets can lower stress, improve adoption chances.
Tips for reading with dogs
How do you make the reading experience a good one for both the reader and the dog? Therapy dogs are used in schools and libraries because they have special training. But, you might have a dog you can read to at home. Find tips in:
Related Blog Posts
Reading aloud is an activity that many families enjoy and include as part of family routines. The benefits extend beyond having fun together and are summarized in our Let’s Read …
Read about resources to help children learn about the passage of time.
It’s important to keep children’s bodies and minds active while families are staying home. The Canadian 24-Hour Movement Guidelines for Children and Youth (ages 5-17 years) recommend a balance …