Preschool Coding – Hands-On and Screen-Free
Preschoolers can learn early coding skills through hands-on, screen-free activities that are fun. The T in STEM: Creating Play-Based Experiences That Support Children’s Learning of Coding and Higher Order Thinking is an introduction to the foundational skills that help young children understand coding.
Here are some sample activities to try:
- 7 Super Easy Ways to Introduce Coding to Preschoolers
- Creating Coding Stories and Games
- Don’t Step on the Lego! Blindfolded Coding Game for Kids
- If-Then Backyard Coding Game for Kids
- Learn to Code Unplugged with Hotwheels
- Superhero Computer Coding Game Without a Computer!
- Teach your kids to code with a deck of cards!
Do some of them seem familiar?
Related Blog Posts
Picture books are a wonderful way for young children to learn about themselves and learn about others. More and more picture books written for children by Indigenous authors are becoming …
Here are bits of wisdom offered in children’s books. Can you guess which books they come from? “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind …