Preschool Coding – Hands-On and Screen-Free
Preschoolers can learn early coding skills through hands-on, screen-free activities that are fun. The T in STEM: Creating Play-Based Experiences That Support Children’s Learning of Coding and Higher Order Thinking is an introduction to the foundational skills that help young children understand coding.
Here are some sample activities to try:
- 7 Super Easy Ways to Introduce Coding to Preschoolers
- Creating Coding Stories and Games
- Don’t Step on the Lego! Blindfolded Coding Game for Kids
- If-Then Backyard Coding Game for Kids
- Learn to Code Unplugged with Hotwheels
- Superhero Computer Coding Game Without a Computer!
- Teach your kids to code with a deck of cards!
Do some of them seem familiar?
Related Blog Posts
March is Canadian Agricultural Literacy Month (CALM).
Pattern recognition is a numeracy skill that helps develop many other mathematical skills.
Even before they can talk, babies need to hear talk. Talking to babies has an impact on their language development. Have you ever talked to a baby in a …