Preschool Coding – Hands-On and Screen-Free
Preschoolers can learn early coding skills through hands-on, screen-free activities that are fun. The T in STEM: Creating Play-Based Experiences That Support Children’s Learning of Coding and Higher Order Thinking is an introduction to the foundational skills that help young children understand coding.
Here are some sample activities to try:
- 7 Super Easy Ways to Introduce Coding to Preschoolers
- Creating Coding Stories and Games
- Don’t Step on the Lego! Blindfolded Coding Game for Kids
- If-Then Backyard Coding Game for Kids
- Learn to Code Unplugged with Hotwheels
- Superhero Computer Coding Game Without a Computer!
- Teach your kids to code with a deck of cards!
Do some of them seem familiar?
Related Blog Posts
How much do you know about dyslexia? Here is an infographic with Myths and Facts about dyslexia that can help you better understand the learning disability. This infographic is part …
In honour of Pride Month, here are some recommendations for books with LGBTQ content, written for children and teens. 17 Books About Gender Non-conforming and Transgender Kids – NoTime for …
Find great picture books to read together for National Indigenous History Month.