Preschool Coding – Hands-On and Screen-Free
Preschoolers can learn early coding skills through hands-on, screen-free activities that are fun. The T in STEM: Creating Play-Based Experiences That Support Children’s Learning of Coding and Higher Order Thinking is an introduction to the foundational skills that help young children understand coding.
Here are some sample activities to try:
- 7 Super Easy Ways to Introduce Coding to Preschoolers
- Creating Coding Stories and Games
- Don’t Step on the Lego! Blindfolded Coding Game for Kids
- If-Then Backyard Coding Game for Kids
- Learn to Code Unplugged with Hotwheels
- Superhero Computer Coding Game Without a Computer!
- Teach your kids to code with a deck of cards!
Do some of them seem familiar?
Related Blog Posts
Reading bedtime stories is a cozy way to end to a child’s day. In addition to all the other benefits of reading aloud, reading stories at bedtime helps establish a …
Kids definitely can learn from talking pigs, but they can learn from pigs (and dinosaurs) that don’t talk. In fact, many of them prefer it that way. – Tim Shanahan …
The library offers family literacy kits to borrow for free! Read more about them here.