Screen-free Activities for Children and Families
Need ideas for screen-free activities? COVID-19 has led to more time using screens. This has led to a need to be more intentional both about how to use screen time and about how to step away from screens. To balance screen activities, choose screen-free activities that are fun.
Here are some ideas for fun screen-free activities, based on the themes of some of our Family Literacy Week campaigns.
- 10 ways to get more active in just 10 minutes
- No gym? No park? No problem! Introducing our physical activity resource guide
- Sidewalk games for when you can’t get to the park (and don’t have a yard)
- Busy Hands During Family Read Aloud
- How to Make Books with 5 Simple Book Binding Methods
- Painting for Kids – 50+ Awesome Activities Kids Love
- 10 Card Games Every Kid Should Know
- 25 ways to have big fun in small spaces
- LEGO Scavenger Hunt with Printable Clue Cards
- 25 Fun and Free Kindergarten Science Activities for Budding Scientists
- 50+ Genius STEM Activities for Kids
- Home Science Experiments for Kids
- 5 musical ideas to try with children at home
- 19 Amazing Music Games And Activities For Kids
- Keep your baby moving and clapping with these 17 song and game ideas
Related Blog Posts
Looking for outdoor play and learning resources? Thrive Outside is a new outdoor learning and play resource portal developed by the Child and Nature Alliance of Canada. It includes resources …
Children and their families benefit from going outside, even when they can’t go too far from home. Read about it in Why nature play is so good for kids, especially …
Self-regulation comes up often in conversations about parenting and education. But, what exactly does it mean?