Screen-free Activities for Children and Families
Need ideas for screen-free activities? COVID-19 has led to more time using screens. This has led to a need to be more intentional both about how to use screen time and about how to step away from screens. To balance screen activities, choose screen-free activities that are fun.
Here are some ideas for fun screen-free activities, based on the themes of some of our Family Literacy Week campaigns.
- 10 ways to get more active in just 10 minutes
- No gym? No park? No problem! Introducing our physical activity resource guide
- Sidewalk games for when you can’t get to the park (and don’t have a yard)
- Busy Hands During Family Read Aloud
- How to Make Books with 5 Simple Book Binding Methods
- Painting for Kids – 50+ Awesome Activities Kids Love
- 10 Card Games Every Kid Should Know
- 25 ways to have big fun in small spaces
- LEGO Scavenger Hunt with Printable Clue Cards
- 25 Fun and Free Kindergarten Science Activities for Budding Scientists
- 50+ Genius STEM Activities for Kids
- Home Science Experiments for Kids
- 5 musical ideas to try with children at home
- 19 Amazing Music Games And Activities For Kids
- Keep your baby moving and clapping with these 17 song and game ideas
Related Blog Posts
Reading together is a wonderful family tradition, but only if children are enjoying it. A mix of the cozy and familiar with the unexpected and surprising can keep it fun …
In our technology-rich world, does handwriting still have a place in education?
Preschoolers are busy. And, now that so many preschoolers are staying home, parents of preschoolers are extra busy, finding that balance of activities that keep their children engaged and healthy. …