Screen-free Activities for Children and Families
Need ideas for screen-free activities? COVID-19 has led to more time using screens. This has led to a need to be more intentional both about how to use screen time and about how to step away from screens. To balance screen activities, choose screen-free activities that are fun.
Here are some ideas for fun screen-free activities, based on the themes of some of our Family Literacy Week campaigns.
- 10 ways to get more active in just 10 minutes
- No gym? No park? No problem! Introducing our physical activity resource guide
- Sidewalk games for when you can’t get to the park (and don’t have a yard)
- Busy Hands During Family Read Aloud
- How to Make Books with 5 Simple Book Binding Methods
- Painting for Kids – 50+ Awesome Activities Kids Love
- 10 Card Games Every Kid Should Know
- 25 ways to have big fun in small spaces
- LEGO Scavenger Hunt with Printable Clue Cards
- 25 Fun and Free Kindergarten Science Activities for Budding Scientists
- 50+ Genius STEM Activities for Kids
- Home Science Experiments for Kids
- 5 musical ideas to try with children at home
- 19 Amazing Music Games And Activities For Kids
- Keep your baby moving and clapping with these 17 song and game ideas
Related Blog Posts
In honour of Pride Month, here are some recommendations for books with LGBTQ content, written for children and teens. 17 Books About Gender Non-conforming and Transgender Kids – NoTime for …
The latest Kids & Family Reading Report: The Rise of Read-Aloud (2019) confirms that the family read-aloud experience is valued as a special time for parents and children. While this …
Stress and trauma make it difficult for a child to learn.