Screen-Free Scavenger Hunts
Due to COVID-19, Screen-Free Week 2020 is now Screen-Free Saturdays! One day a week, every week, families are invited to turn off their devices and connect, explore and play while social distancing.
Here are some resources to help families participate:
- Getting Ready for Screen-Free Saturdays – practical tips
- 101 Screen-Free Activities (also available in French)
- Screen-Free BINGO
Looking to try something different? A scavenger hunt can be a fun screen-free activity, both indoors and outdoors. Find ideas in:
- After Dark Scavenger Hunt
- Family Lockdown Challenge: Bubble Scavenger Hunts!
- LEGO Scavenger Hunt with Printable Clue Cards
- Outdoor Sketching Scavenger Hunt
- Outdoor Sensory Motor Scavenger Hunt
- Window Scavenger Hunts Are Bringing Canadian Kids Together Nationwide
Whether the activities are simple or more involved, enjoy one day a week without screens!
Related Blog Posts
Loose parts play is unstructured play that invites children to be imaginative and creative.
The latest Kids & Family Reading Report: The Rise of Read-Aloud (2019) confirms that the family read-aloud experience is valued as a special time for parents and children. While this …
How is active play connected to children’s literacy?