Screen-Free Scavenger Hunts
Due to COVID-19, Screen-Free Week 2020 is now Screen-Free Saturdays! One day a week, every week, families are invited to turn off their devices and connect, explore and play while social distancing.
Here are some resources to help families participate:
- Getting Ready for Screen-Free Saturdays – practical tips
- 101 Screen-Free Activities (also available in French)
- Screen-Free BINGO
Looking to try something different? A scavenger hunt can be a fun screen-free activity, both indoors and outdoors. Find ideas in:
- After Dark Scavenger Hunt
- Family Lockdown Challenge: Bubble Scavenger Hunts!
- LEGO Scavenger Hunt with Printable Clue Cards
- Outdoor Sketching Scavenger Hunt
- Outdoor Sensory Motor Scavenger Hunt
- Window Scavenger Hunts Are Bringing Canadian Kids Together Nationwide
Whether the activities are simple or more involved, enjoy one day a week without screens!
Related Blog Posts
Preschoolers can learn early coding skills through hands-on, screen-free activities that are fun. The T in STEM: Creating Play-Based Experiences That Support Children’s Learning of Coding and Higher Order Thinking …
COVID-19 has created big changes for families. In addition to a rapid growth in at-home activities, there have been new expectations and changes in family dynamics. Many changes haven’t been …
Here are bits of wisdom offered in children’s books. Can you guess which books they come from? “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind …