Screen-Free Scavenger Hunts
Due to COVID-19, Screen-Free Week 2020 is now Screen-Free Saturdays! One day a week, every week, families are invited to turn off their devices and connect, explore and play while social distancing.
Here are some resources to help families participate:
- Getting Ready for Screen-Free Saturdays – practical tips
- 101 Screen-Free Activities (also available in French)
- Screen-Free BINGO
Looking to try something different? A scavenger hunt can be a fun screen-free activity, both indoors and outdoors. Find ideas in:
- After Dark Scavenger Hunt
- Family Lockdown Challenge: Bubble Scavenger Hunts!
- LEGO Scavenger Hunt with Printable Clue Cards
- Outdoor Sketching Scavenger Hunt
- Outdoor Sensory Motor Scavenger Hunt
- Window Scavenger Hunts Are Bringing Canadian Kids Together Nationwide
Whether the activities are simple or more involved, enjoy one day a week without screens!
Related Blog Posts
With all the online learning activities available now for kids learning from home, how do you choose? Which ones are educational? Which ones are engaging? Are they free? Common Sense …
Here are some fun ways for children to practice math skills.
It’s Family Literacy Week! Today we’re delighted to welcome Lindsey Krabbenhoft as our guest blogger. Getting kids to eat healthy foods is one of a caregiver’s most important and sometimes …