Screen-Free Scavenger Hunts
Due to COVID-19, Screen-Free Week 2020 is now Screen-Free Saturdays! One day a week, every week, families are invited to turn off their devices and connect, explore and play while social distancing.
Here are some resources to help families participate:
- Getting Ready for Screen-Free Saturdays – practical tips
- 101 Screen-Free Activities (also available in French)
- Screen-Free BINGO
Looking to try something different? A scavenger hunt can be a fun screen-free activity, both indoors and outdoors. Find ideas in:
- After Dark Scavenger Hunt
- Family Lockdown Challenge: Bubble Scavenger Hunts!
- LEGO Scavenger Hunt with Printable Clue Cards
- Outdoor Sketching Scavenger Hunt
- Outdoor Sensory Motor Scavenger Hunt
- Window Scavenger Hunts Are Bringing Canadian Kids Together Nationwide
Whether the activities are simple or more involved, enjoy one day a week without screens!
Related Blog Posts
Reading SOS videos answer questions families have about supporting their children’s reading.
Spend at least ten wildly happy minutes every single day reading aloud. From birth! – Mem Fox, Ten read-aloud commandments Need tips for reading aloud? Here are ten tips from …
Picture books are a wonderful way for young children to learn about themselves and learn about others. More and more picture books written for children by Indigenous authors are becoming …